Baby Boy

Baby Boy
Due: November 22nd, 2010

Monday, June 21, 2010

Ultrasound June 21st, 2010

It's perfect how these things turn out. I figured out on Saturday that we had scheduled the ultrasound for the day after father's day, so it was the perfect present for the father to be =). I didn't really want to know the gender of our baby until the baby came, I'd already gone 18 weeks, i could handle 22 more weeks. But me and Jesse weren't agreeing on boy names so we decided to go for it so we could figure out if we even needed to think of any boy names. It turns out we do, we found out today that God's given us a baby boy. I had been hoping for a boy, but now that I think about it, it would have been cool to have a girl to paint her nails, and do her hair, and just do girly stuff together. But I think if it had been a girl, I'd have ended up wanting to have a boy, overall i would have had the same feeling as I'm having now. Our baby is perfectly healthy which is all we really cared about (not the gender) and he was sucking his thumb and he waved at his proud mommy and daddy. I have to go back on August 25th, my dad's birthday, because they're concerned I have placenta previa which is when the placenta is really close to the cervix or over the cervix and if it doesn't move before delivery, I'm going to have to have a csection instead of a vaginal birth, I'm not too concerned though because usually it does by then. When the tech had first said it, i had misunderstood and thought that she had said that the placenta was disconnecting and was freaking out until I asked her to explain it to me. This can't harm the baby (he's perfectly healthy and safe), thank God, I had been scared until she told me what this meant.

I also had a very hard discussion with Jesse today. Basically I had told him that if something happened in delivery and they had to chose between saving me or the baby, for them to save the baby. My mother had said you could always have another baby but you can never have another Beca, but I don't really care as much about myself. I just want my baby to be safe and healthy and when I'm sure he is, I will be okay. I can't wait to hold my baby in my arms in November and be able to care for him and love him just like how my parents cared for and loved me. Thanks for the prayers and I'd love if you continue praying for us it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows how to make Boppy Covers and would be interested in making one for the baby, that would be great, you can just message me on facebook. Thanks guys =)

Beca, Jesse, and Baby Valente

No comments:

Post a Comment